How does it work?
Chiropractic is based on the science of the body being a self-regulating and self-healing organism. The nervous system controls all of the functions of the body and helps to maintain it in the proper healthy balance. Misalignment of the spinal bones and other joints can cause a disruption of the normal function of the nervous system and can result in pain, sickness, lameness and poor health. The chiropractic adjustment, or correction of the misaligned areas reduces the nervous system interference and allows the body to return to a better state of health.
How do I know if my pet needs checked?
- Your pet has painful areas on their back, neck, hips or shoulders
- They’re walking differently or aren’t getting up and down as easily
- They can’t jump or play as well
- Less energy or a loss of interest in playing with their toys
- A trauma like a slip, fall, or too-rough playing
- Post-surgically, to deal with anesthesia and confinement
- They’re over age 7
- They compete in athletic events or shows
- Problems with elimination, hot spots, or other health concerns
What does an adjustment feel like?
An adjustment is a gentle thrust applied to the bone to put it back in place. This can be done by hand or with an instrument. In most cases an adjustment is painless. In cases where the animal has a lot of pain the technique can be modified to be very gentle. IN ALL CASES the animal’s comfort is the #1 priority.
How many adjustments will it take?
Every animal’s situation is different. In some cases owners will see fast changes and in others it may take some time. Recommendations will be made based on your pet’s needs and you can discuss all of your questions and concerns with Dr. Shannon.
Where do I start?
Please contact BelaCoop Animal Hospital to set up an appointment.